‘Careers in Risk, Insurance, and Wealth Management’.
When: Thu 30 November, 6:30-8:00pm
Do you have a deep understanding of statistics, an historical perspective, and a willingness to work with data? Then this event may well be for you. Professionals from Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), Deloitte, Lloyds, Catlin, Zurich, Willis will be involved in the event.
Presentations will cover:
- InsureTech: the role of technology in risk and insurance, job market trends in this area incl. “data science”
• Standards of technical competence, certs (finance, actuarial, risk, etc),
• Career paths, incl. for mature students and career changers
• Job market post-Brexit
• What specific skills are needed to be successful in the sector
• Bridging the gap between academic theory and industry practice
Why attend? Many good reasons. One such reason is that if you study economics, mathematics, statistics, or computer science then these companies would simply love to meet you. Worth noting that the last financial crisis was primarily a banking crisis, and as insurance industry representatives have regularly emphasised, the solvency of the insurance sector as a whole does not appear to be threatened. Why not? The answer is risk management. Come to the event and find out more.
Where: MAL 624